Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Mother's Day.........here we are again. This special time of the year that brings with it so many memories and so many feelings of appreciation.



As I knew I would not be with
my mother for Mother's Day I took a day off last week and went to Charleston
to spend the day with her.
We made a leisurely drive up to Georgetown  
and across the beautiful marshes  
of South Carolina.
After an enjoyable lunch at The Rice Paddy
we continued on to the country house  
where she had enjoyed entertaining friends and my father's customers for so many years. It was wonderful to walk the grounds and listen to the memories unfold once again.

On our drive back I kept us both in hysterics  
as I remembered many of the crazy,  
mischievous things I did as a child.  
Mother often threw her head back,
putting the back of her hand on her
forehead and exclaimed  
how she did not know how she had made it through all those times.
Then, with wonder in her voice she would say,
how had I, after being such a rascal as a child,
built a business like Caroline's Cakes.
"Well, I guess it was all worth it," she said.
And I reassured her that her influence in my life
was such a great part of everything I am doing
as I expand this wonderful cake company, keeping true to the values of quality and taking care of others......just as she taught me to do.

Thank you, Mother......and the biggest of hugs!

I am so very lucky she is here to enjoy this incredible ride with me.  
Every story you email or call to share with us,  
I share with her. She delights in hearing it all.

I wish you all a very Happy Mother's Day  
and thank you so much
for the time you take to
share your experiences with our cakes,  
our gourmet food items and  
your times in our shop, for they in
turn are a gift I share with my Mother.

Have a wonderful Mother's Day!



Caroline Ragsdale Reutter

Caroline's Cakes
1580 Whitehall Road
Annapolis, MD 21409
888-801-CAKE(2253)

It's Not too Late to order something special
 for Mother's Day!

 
 Lemon Raspberry Delight 


 This is the perfect Summertime cake!  

The delicate lemon cake layers are  

filled with our lemon curd buttercream  

alternated with our raspberry buttercream.  
We then ice the cake in the  
lightest lemon flavored buttercream.  
It had us waving our forks before we dove in for more!
 
Raspberry Lemon Delight   
9" Round  
 Serves 14-20
$58 + Shipping

 



 
  7-Layer Lemon




Seven-layers of Lemon cake are filled
 with our crisp and tangy
 Lemon Curd infused Buttercream and
delicately Iced with our
 Lemon Flavored Buttercream.
This is the best Lemon Cake ever!!!  

   


7-Layer Lemon Cake



9" Round  
 Serves 14-20

$58 + Shipping 




 
Coconut Lemon Delight



One of our favorites for the Springtime is

 coming back this March!

 A special twist on Caroline's classic

 
Coconut Lemon Cake  
 

The taste of Springtime!

Four moist layers of yellow cake

are filled with our Lemon Curd

all gently iced with our 

fresh Coconut icing.
 What could be more perfect!


9" Round  
 Serves 14-20
$58 + Shipping




 



  
 

Caramel Cake


This is our most popular layer cake by far!
The moist yellow cake layers are filled with
 Caroline's Famous "melt-in-your-mouth" Caramel Icing.
A traditional Southern favorite,
 this cake may be frozen and refrozen
 for up to six months,
giving you the luxury of elegant entertaining
at your finger tips. 

  
9" Round  
Serves 14-20
$58 + Shipping




 
 caroline's cakes logo
Introducing our Delicious
Petit Fours!
Perfect for Mother's Day! 


Petit Fours   



Available for pickup at our Annapolis Bakery!
Call us at 888-801-2253(CAKE)  
to place your order.

No comments: