Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Summer entertaining at it's finest!

The 'Dog Days of Summer' Caroline 
have never been truer than this year.  
These are the hot steamy days of my youth.  
Memories of catching fire-flies,  
flying kites and roller skating fill my head.  
We were a gaggle of kids back then.  
Our secret bike paths through hedges,
across back yards, waving to Mrs. Flowers  
as she plucked the early morning flowers
from her garden was our summer way of life.
If we were very lucky and happened to be out  
in the afternoon riding through Mrs. Hyman's yard  
she would often call us over and  
serve all of us 7-Up floats as we sat  
on her back steps. You know, it just did not
get much better than that.

So at this sticky, muggy time of the year,
we move a little slower, drink more lemonade
and enjoy lighter cakes. I am up with the sun,  
checking off my list before the sun gets high
in the sky and bakes all of us below.  
Quiet lunches in cool houses and possibly
a nap in the afternoon. It is summertime and it
is so important to slow down
and enjoy life at this different pace.

Wishing you all a few fun memories
of childhoods and always moments with loved ones.

-Caroline
PS: I love to promote my friends and am so very, very
       proud of my friend Dr. Ballentine Carter, who not
       only grew up in my home town Lake City, SC,  
       but our families go back over 50 years.
       His book, The Whole Life Prostate Book, came out
       in June and has been the top health book on
       Amazon. He is so brilliant and equally so very
       nice and kind that I must share him with all of you.

   The Amazon link is:

No comments: